AXELL COVERAGE EXTENSION SOLUTION
The coverage extension solution is to use passive distributed equipment and RF amplifiers to provide and expand the RF coverage inside buildings, basements, airports, ports and other areas.
The solution is applicable for radio systems as TETRA, P25, Conventional and Trunking system with VHF, UHF, 800Mhz bands. To ensure the range of communication for radios, in order to overcome weak signal or loss of signal in some environments inside buildings, basements, and improve the quality of conversations.
Features and advantages:
- Improve the performance of calls within buildings, basements, airports, factories
- Expand coverage for inbuilding
- Eliminate the no-signal area (Ground floor, basement, car park, elevator ...)
- Improve the quality of conversations
- Eliminate problems such as receiver signals are unstable, call is not clearly, difficulty in making calls or can not make calls
Use the Off-air repeater to receive signals from the station. The Master Unit converts signals from RF to light and transmits to Remote repeaters via optical cable system. The Remote Repeater is installed in areas where need to be covered.
MASTER UNIT (OMU)
The Master Units (OMU) is used to convert signals from RF to light when fibre-fed repeaters are used at the remote end of the optical link. The OMU is a headend system that can be connected directly to a base station or off-air device such as a digital repeater or bi-directional amplifier.
In the downlink direction, the OMU picks up the signal from the BTS, converts it into an optical signal and transfers it over a fibre optical cable to the repeater.
In the uplink direction, the OMU receives the signal from the remote repeater via the fibre optical cable, converts it to a RF signal and sends it back to the base station
- Band Selective Compact Repeater (BSR-1804)
- BSF4004: Band Selective Fibre Optic Repeater
- Band selective compact TETRA or TETRAPOL repeater for inbuilding coverage
- Quick and simple to set up
- Can be used to feed a DAS (Distributed Antenna System) to extend coverage further
- Small compact passively cooled enclosure
- 18 dBm output power
- Management via web GUI or AEM network management software
- Provides full UHF coverage as part of a Cobham Wireless DAS system
- Support WDM (wave division multiplexing) technology reducing the requirement for fibre optic cable
- High performance and resilient architecture. Redundancy options available
- 40 dBm output power
- Innovative automatic optical gain capability
- Compact IP65 weather proofed enclosure passively cooled
- Extremely low noise figure and group delay
- Management via GUI or AEM network management software
- Remote supervision and alarm handling in the BSF4004 is realized through the fibre connection via the OMU unit’s modem or optional via built in modem